This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flight plan created in MSFS world map
(02-25-2022, 12:12 AM)mrbill38119 Wrote: For MSFS 2020: Create your flight in Simbrief, generate and download using GTN format which saves as .gfp. You should then setup your flight using your departure location. Hit Fly.  Make sure you have saved in the correct tds folder. Import the flight plan in the TDS GTN. It should be working.

You can also create and export in LittleNavMap, too.

I don't mind creating the FPL by hand in the GTN. I would like to be able to use ATC though. So would need to create identical FPL in world map. Can this be done? From what I have been trying various times, NAV databases often don't match up. Unless I'm doing it all wrong, which is quite likely...
Well Garmin and Navigraph have different databases. You might need to 'fix' your flight plan waypoints if they don't match. Sometimes they don't properly load otherwise. I don't use MSFS ATC - too flakey.

LittleNavMap export as FlightGear FGFP.
(02-25-2022, 03:59 AM)mrbill38119 Wrote: Well Garmin and Navigraph have different databases. You might need to 'fix' your flight plan waypoints if they don't match. Sometimes they don't properly load otherwise. I don't use MSFS ATC - too flakey.

LittleNavMap export as FlightGear FGFP.

I'm no expert, but it seems tricky to 'fix' an outdated published procedure in a TDS GTNXi  Sad I don't really care which cycle I use TBH (I'm not a real pilot); just would like to be able to use SIM ATAC - as that's the only one I have Wink and for that I'd need flight plan (and procedures) in sim to agree with what TDS STNXi has. Else I'm trying to comply with ATC while flying a different flight plan.