This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin Trainer not recognized
Photo 
I was having autopilot issues using the GTN750, so I tried reinstalling the trainer and then the TDSGTNxi.  Now the installer doesn't see the trainer (I've opened it and used it) and won't load the simulator.  Also, before I did the trainer download, when I could still install the simulator it would only load 1.0.2.2, not the recommended 1.1.0.3.
Bill Cox
Hello Bill,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with installing the TDS GTNXi, we are here to help.

As a first step, please let us know of the exact error that you are having with the trainer installation.
If you already have the base Aviation Trainer Launcher installed, then start it, access the Version Manager tab, scroll down until you find GTNXi PC Trainer V20.30.8 and click on Install.

In regards to the outdated version, please start the TDS GPS Manager as an administrator (right click on the executable, select Run As Administrator), then attempt to install the TDS GTNXi V1.1.0.3. Important note: the TDS GTNXi must not be running for a successful install, so it may be a good idea to reboot the PC before.

Please let us know how it goes.
Hi! Another user with the same problem here.

I have the Garmin aviation trainer installed. I go to Version manager but cannot find GTNXi PC Trainer V20.30.8 The closest I can find is GTNXi (V20.42.2.0)

As for TDS GPS manager - I can download this but Bothe Windows Defender and Macafee block the app as dangerous and has a virus in it.

What next?

[EDIT] AH! I DISABLED MACAFEE FIREWALL AND VIRUS SCANNER
(07-20-2024, 10:49 AM)Eagleskinner Wrote: Hi! Another user with the same problem here.

I have the Garmin aviation trainer installed. I go to Version manager but cannot find  GTNXi PC Trainer V20.30.8 The closest I can find is  GTNXi (V20.42.2.0)

As for TDS GPS manager - I can download this but Bothe Windows Defender and Macafee block the app as dangerous and has a virus in it.

What next?

[EDIT] AH! I DISABLED MACAFEE FIREWALL AND VIRUS SCANNER

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues, we are here to help. Can you please look over the Aviation Trainer Launcher, Version Manager tab and scroll down on the list until you find GTN Xi PC Trainer V20.30.8. If you are unable to find it, please send us via email a few screenshots of what you are seeing. support@tdssim.com

In regards to the TDS GPS Manager, our tool is not a virus, this is a false positive and we are sorry for the inconvenience; we check all our files before uploading them. We recommend temporarily turning off the antivirus during the installation.

Not to worry, we will get this solved.