This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standalone mode not controlling VOR1? Flight plan not transferring?
I'm trying to use the TDS 650 in standalone (or really any mode) but it doesn't seem to be controlling the onscreen HSI at all. I went in to the TDS 650 settings and verified that it is set to control VOR 1, NAV 1, etc. But, the HSI stays flagged and the CDI does not deflect.

Additionally, it doesn't seem like the TDS 650 plans flows to MSFS. I see a lot of posts asking about going the other way, but all I care about would be TDS650 => MSFS. Is that also not a possibility (tried in both standalone and not standalone mode)
Hello,

How are you enabling standalone mode?

Yes, the TDS GTN650Xi can control the flight plan, but to do this, you must change the Active Flight Plan source from the TDS GTNXi Interface to GTN650Xi Unit 1.
In addition, which aircraft add-on are you using?
1) Standalone mode via removing the folder from .\community. How do I change the active flight plane source?

2) tried with the Carenado M20R, and the default Bonanza.
It is not necessary to delete the tds-gtnxi-gauge from the MSFS Community folder, in fact we encourage against it, as there is a WIP feature that does just this, while keeping the HSI working:

http://forum.tdssim.com/thread-435-post-...ml#pid4271

To change the active FPL source, you need to use the TDS GTNXI Interface, we would strongly recommend reading the TDS manual, as it describes this procedure in detail.
(07-01-2024, 09:31 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: It is not necessary to delete the tds-gtnxi-gauge from the MSFS Community folder, in fact we encourage against it, as there is a WIP feature that does just this, while keeping the HSI working:

http://forum.tdssim.com/thread-435-post-...ml#pid4271

To change the active FPL source, you need to use the TDS GTNXI Interface, we would strongly recommend reading the TDS manual, as it describes this procedure in detail.

So that would be these steps? 
Quote:WIP Feature - Ability to display  Standalone mode when using VC Integrated aircraft (currently the VC integrated gauge will be black and this is a working in progress feature). This feature allows for running external hardware (RSG and others to be able to fully enjoy the autopilot and draw the GTN750Xi and GTN650Xi to a secondary monitor.
Requires creating a dummy text file called "Standalone.txt" in the installation path: "C:\ProgramData\TDS\GTNXi"
We plan on further expanding this feature and creating a more user friendly interface in future versions, but we have released this feature now so customers can enjoy this functionality

I'll try and read through the manual but I spent about 3hours on this yesterday (3 full hours - not on and off, and not "seemed like") and I don't think I was able to get the manual to load. I do IT for a living, some development work in C#, utilize open source projects in varying states of completeness, etc, and I played flight sims from when I was 8 to 18. This whole process has been more daunting than most other things I work on. The TDS forums also kept throwing 500 errors at me all day yesterday and, when it would load, would have certificate errors and weird renderings akin to waybackmachine renderings of forums. Forum posts would reference pages that wouldn't open, and, not for nothing, but it's not exactly like the guide you linked to was all that clear to find the instructions I needed (if I even found the right snippet amongst dozens of change log entries). So, please, some empathy for the poor users that have purchased this suite; I'm not reaching out for help at the first sign of difficulty.

edit: I did have the manual open - and yesterday nor today could I find anything relevant to the flight plan issue. I see about importing a custom flight plan - akin to real life operations when sending from an iPad and importing it... but that is not my issue at hand. My issue at hand is using the 650 to communicate with the ship's HSI/VOR1/Autopilot, and, if possible but not necessary, ship's navigator.
Hello,

This is a two step resolution, as stated above, please restore the WASM gauge, the easiest way is a reinstall via the TDS GPS Manager, then enable the special WIP Standalone mode from the link above.

Then you need to change the active Navigation Source, while in flight, this will resolve the autopilot, HSI. You can refer to page 21 of TDSGTNXiFlightSimManual.pdf for a detailed description. This will enable the use of the GTN650Xi Unit 1 as opposed to GTN750Xi Unit 1 which is by default.
(07-02-2024, 10:55 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

This is a two step resolution, as stated above, please restore the WASM gauge, the easiest way is a reinstall via the TDS GPS Manager, then enable the special WIP Standalone mode from the link above.

Then you need to change the active Navigation Source, while in flight, this will resolve the autopilot, HSI. You can refer to page 21 of TDSGTNXiFlightSimManual.pdf for a detailed description. This will enable the use of the GTN650Xi Unit 1 as opposed to GTN750Xi Unit 1 which is by default.

The "link above" is a long running list of changelog notes. Is this the specific instructions I am to follow for Standalone? 

Quote:WIP Feature - Ability to display  Standalone mode when using VC Integrated aircraft (currently the VC integrated gauge will be black and this is a working in progress feature). This feature allows for running external hardware (RSG and others to be able to fully enjoy the autopilot and draw the GTN750Xi and GTN650Xi to a secondary monitor.
Requires creating a dummy text file called "Standalone.txt" in the installation path: "C:\ProgramData\TDS\GTNXi"
We plan on further expanding this feature and creating a more user friendly interface in future versions, but we have released this feature now so customers can enjoy this functionality
Yes, that is correct, but please make sure to restore the WASM gauge as well.