This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTNXi slightly off the edge of screen and crashes.
Hello TDS support,

I've just purchased your GTNXi Pro product and installed it on my Black Square King Air. The GTN screen is not aligned correctly so the COM and edges are sometimes difficult to see. This is not catastrophic but is irritating when the rest of the aircraft is of a very high quality. I've also experienced 3 crashes in the space of 35 minutes with the following "Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (0x887a0006). My graphics driver is up to date and my system is usually ultra-reliable in MSFS with no errors or crashes for thousands of hours.

There is obviously some kind of compatibility between my system and your software so I've decided to back to VORs and radios. How do I go about getting a refund?

Sorry and all the best
Richard.
Hello Richard,

Thank you for your message, unfortunately the Black Square KingAir screen alignment issue has to do with the positioning of the gauge by the aircraft developer, Black Square and not by us. This bug would have to be reported to them for a fix.

In regards to the crashes, what exactly is crashing MSFS or the TDS GTNXi Pro? If the TDS GTNXi Pro is crashing, we will do our best to work with you, one on one, in order to resolve the issue so you can fully enjoy the TDS GTNXi Pro. If it is MSFS that is crashing, than this is a coincidence with the TDS GTNXi Pro and the cause of the issue is elsewhere. Please give us more details on the problems, with screenshots, so we can look into them. If it works better, you can always email us at: support@tdssim.com

Not to worry, we will get these problems resolved so you can fully enjoy the TDS GTNXi Pro!
Hi Support,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I've been playing around a little. I removed various aircraft and reinstalled, I removed TDS GTNXi (using system restore) and reinstalled. I unticked LENS CORRECTION from the MSFS display settings, I removed and reinstalled my Nvidia driver and software. I then reset all nvidia settings to defaults and so far I've not had any crashes. I also found the key combination RIGHT ALT and CLICK which opens up the TDS GTNXi in a 2D window with perfect alignment. So .. please cancel the refund request, I'm finally happy (which is saying something). Incredible product.

I wish there was something similar for the Garmin GPS on yachts as it would be a great way for me to learn the GPS before I set sail in real life and they can be most complicated. All the best. Richard.
Hello Richard,

We are glad to hear this, please enjoy the TDS GTNXi Pro!