This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTNxi 650 in C172 MSFS202
I am new to the simulator world and am trying to replicate the setup of a plane I
currently rent at a flying club that includes a GTNxi 650.  I am using MSFS2020 and
am interested in figuring out the best way to get the GTNxi 650 into my simulation
environment.  I am wondering if I purchase the TDS GTNxi Simulator if it will work
in a MSFS2020 plane that does not normally have this piece of equipment. I am also 
wondering what most people here do for controlling the touch screen:

ie Do you just use you mouse to interact with it OR do you use RightSimGear hardware
with this?

Looking for advice.
Hello,

Thank you for your question on the TDS GTNXi Pro.

As your questions is specific to the C172, here are some technical details. As in real life, the GTN Xi does not function in aircraft which contain a G1000, as the G1000 and the GTN Xi are both GPS units and are mutually exclusive.

This means that the TDS GTNXi will work with the default C172 analog gauges version provided that you:
Disable the existing WT GNS units so they would not conflict with the GTNXi. This is done either via setting LVars or via a manual panel.cfg modification.
Then you can either use the TDS GTNXi as a standalone window on a secondary display or via a hardware RealSimGear, depending on your choice.
The TDS GTNXi lets the user select which navigator will drive the autopilot/HSI, via selecting the active navigation source to GTN650Xi (in your specific case)
Yes, we have many users who run the TDS GTNXi on a tablet/touchscreen, for this we would recommend searching/asking in our #comunity-support Discord:
https://discord.gg/NupgPCUgsH

This is a bit complicated as the default C172 analog does not have a VC integration. However, there is a freeware C172 addon:
"FR172 REIMS ROCKET / CESSNA R172 HAWK XP II"

http://forum.tdssim.com/thread-938.html

https://flightsim.to/file/42097/rf172-re...hawk-xp-ii

Which contains both the 750 and 650 in the VC, activation is as simple as enabling thee TDS GTNXi from the virtual checklists.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for the info. I guess the other thing I should have stated is that I am using Airport Manager for my gauges and have a Dual G5 setup. When I program my DSTN or FLTPLN
in the TDS GTNxi, does the information propagate to the G5's HSI/DG?
Hello,

Provided that the G5 is coded to use HSI variables, then yes. The TDS GTNXi adheres to the MSFS SDK in terms of GPS variable overriding. In essence, if the WT GNS works with the G5 HSI in GPS mode, then the TDS GTNXI should. This is for HSI needles.

Please let us know if you have further information.