This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External View and RealSimGear GTN750
When I am flying in Cockpit View, TDS GTNXi works as expected on RealSimGear GTN750 (i.e., touchscreen, buttons, & knobs all work).

However, when I switch to External View, the buttons and knobs function, but the touchscreen ceases to respond.

When I switch back to Cockpit View, touchscreen functionality returns.

Am I missing a setting that allows for touchscreen functionality while also in External View?

Thank you.
Hello,

What is the method (as detailed as possible) of extending the TDS GTNXi into the RSG hardware?
Thank you for your prompt response and willing assistance.
As you requested:

Using POPM, select "Add Pop Out Panel" (+)
Enter "Panel Name" (GTN750)
"Identify Source Panel Location" (mouse click on center of GTN750 cockpit screen, Green Target)
Toggle "Editing of Panel Source" (OFF)
"Start Pop Out" (no error messages, all green)
Drag TDS GTNXi GTN750 Pop Out Panel and center panel on RSG GTN750 screen
In POPM, select "Touchscreen" icon (Green Hand)
Select POPM dropdown for "GTN750" and turn "Full Screen Mode" and "Automatic Game Refocus" ON
Turn on Battery and Avionics Master (Black Square Beech Baron)
In Cockpit View, TDS GTNXi on RSG GTN750 functions properly (buttons, knobs, touchscreen)
Toggle to External View, TDS GTNXi buttons and knobs function on RSG GTN750, but touchscreen does not respond
Toggle back to Cockpit View, TDS GTNXi on RSG GTN750 functions properly (buttons, knobs, touchscreen)

Again, your kind assistance is most appreciated.
Hello,

Thank you for the explanation. As this is a MSFS Pop up manager source, we merely receive touchscreen coordinates. Maybe the way that Pop up manager is designed is not to send touchscreen coordinates. Or this is a MSFS issue. Have you contacted the creators of Pop up manager?

From our point of view, you can test standalone TDS GTNXi mode by enabling the beta standalone.txt file as described in this forum, Release Notes for v1.0.2.5. This would not require pop up manager.

Good luck!