The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another black screen issue
Hello,
  I am having a black screen issue on the TDS GTNXI in the Black Square TBM.  I have read many similar posts, and have tried the various things people did to get it to work again.  My issue seems a little different than most however.  The black gauge only occurs randomly.  It used to be fine, working as it should.  Now roughly 50% of the time or greater when starting a flight, the GTNXI simply will not power up.  I have used it quite a bit without error prior, and have flown the BS TBM dozens of times, so I do not believe I am doing anything wrong on my end.

I have verified the standalone TDS Gtnxi from the desktop is working and shows connected to MSFS.
I do not use any virus protection, other that what is embedded in windows. 
Plane on battery power with avionics switched to on.  When the problem occurs, all other gauges come up, however the GTNxi is black.

On one occasion yesterday, I noticed when launching MSFS the GTNxi splash screen did not appear (which is unusual). The gauge would not power up, so I launched the desktop standalone GTNxi and poof - the gauge came up and worked as it should. This morning, the gauge would not power up again, I launched the standalone version, and it indicated "flight simulator is running, but not connected". I then exited to MSFS main menu, restarted the flight. The standalone app then indicated "connected to MSFS", however the gauge still would not come up.
Possibly a conflict somewhere that randomly affects the ability for GTNxi to connect to the sim?

Messages In This Thread
Another black screen issue - by billkirk888 - 12-30-2023, 06:29 PM
RE: Another black screen issue - by adminOwner2 - 12-30-2023, 11:26 PM
RE: Another black screen issue - by billkirk888 - 12-31-2023, 01:39 AM
RE: Another black screen issue - by adminOwner2 - 12-31-2023, 02:58 PM
RE: Another black screen issue - by billkirk888 - 01-01-2024, 08:34 PM
RE: Another black screen issue - by adminOwner2 - 01-02-2024, 11:38 AM
RE: Another black screen issue - by billkirk888 - 01-08-2024, 11:13 PM
RE: Another black screen issue - by adminOwner2 - 01-09-2024, 09:43 AM