This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invalid Locked Waypoints
(07-01-2021, 09:05 PM)Tva Wrote: Seems like you are right, no sid and stars

Little Navmap allows to change the Garmin export to replace all waypoints with user-defined waypoints to avoid locking. While this is a sufficient approach to avoid the locked waypoints it comes with a few limitations:

Departure and destination airport are not saved as user-defined waypoints. These have to exist in the Garmin navigation database.
   Navaid information like frequencies cannot be displayed since the waypoint cannot be related to the radio navaid.
   Procedures like SID and STAR cannot be saved with the flight plan and have to be selected manually.
   The GTN (not the GNS) changes all names to a generic USERWPT... scheme.

I think on the couple of ocasion when i used the function there were no procedures so it didnt affect me. Sorry for providing bad information.

No Problem Tva, bad information is better then no information.  I think we are all learning a little more about this situation day by day.  At least you admitted that you discovered its limitations when exporting to a GFP file.

I have been giving it some thought today.  My next leg to Nome Alaska is perfect, no invalid waypoints.  Should I get into trouble again, I may consider using the nearest airport feature in the GTN and grope my way across Canada that way.  There aren't a lot of Artic airports and that way, at least I can try to find something the GTN recognizes and fly to within fuel range.  There maybe a workaround.  I do appreciate all the help you guys are giving me.

Kittster

Messages In This Thread
Invalid Locked Waypoints - by Kittster - 06-29-2021, 10:06 PM
RE: Invalid Locked Waypoints - by adminOwner2 - 06-30-2021, 09:50 AM
RE: Invalid Locked Waypoints - by Tva - 06-30-2021, 07:13 PM
RE: Invalid Locked Waypoints - by adminOwner2 - 06-30-2021, 10:26 PM
RE: Invalid Locked Waypoints - by Kittster - 07-01-2021, 06:32 AM
RE: Invalid Locked Waypoints - by Tva - 07-01-2021, 05:26 PM
RE: Invalid Locked Waypoints - by Kittster - 07-01-2021, 06:54 PM
RE: Invalid Locked Waypoints - by Tva - 07-01-2021, 09:05 PM
RE: Invalid Locked Waypoints - by Kittster - 07-02-2021, 02:52 AM
RE: Invalid Locked Waypoints - by Tva - 07-02-2021, 06:48 PM