This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Tutorial, But What happened?
It's not popped out. It's being run in standalone mode externally, where it comes with its own bezel (via the Garmin Trainer). That's how the TDS always worked at the time. There was no virtual cockpit integration. Some user had made a 3rd party mod where what was on the external TDS screen would get mirrored (without the ability to interact with it) in the virtual cockpit. That's what you're seeing in the video, and that's not how it works any more.

Since TDS integrated the GTNXi into the VC directly a few months back, this isn't possible to do it quite this way any more. In order to make it work, you need to remove the TDS plugin from the community folder, which removes the VC integration. Then you open the GTNXi externally via the TDS system tray icon. But then, you don't get the GTNXi in the virtual cockpit if you do that. It's basically one or the other.

Personally, I use the TDS GTNXi externally as described, but use the PMS50 GTN750 in the VC. I don't actually USE the PMS50 version in the VC. It's just there for looks and has the plus of showing Nexrad on the map screen, which the GTNXi doesn't. But I use the GTNXi externally on my touch screen for control of the plane and have integrated it into my Air Manager panels.

Messages In This Thread
Great Tutorial, But What happened? - by Gianluca - 07-18-2022, 08:00 PM
RE: Great Tutorial, But What happened? - by Crunchmeister - 07-18-2022, 08:44 PM