The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stutters with GTN in VC (Arrow III)
Hi,
The GTN seems to be causing big stutters in my sim when used in the VC.
The only plane that I own which has VC integration is the  Just Flight ARROW III so all my observations will be based on this combination.
Some background on my computer specs:
Core i7 9700K, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080Ti, FS2020 installed on an SSD (samsung 970EVO)
I am running FS2020 in 4K, on a 144Hz GSync screen, fs2020 SU8.

My observations:
When flying the Arrow III with the GTN, I noticed that the sim sort of "pauses" every second or so for a very short while. If I go to the outside view and keep panning around the plane it is very noticeable as the camera movements got those sorts of hiccups.

I tried lots of configurations. I tried disabling GSync, capping the framerate at 30fps in Nvidia manager but still had the issue.
On the arrow III, once loaded, even if I changed the GPS option in the plane's EFB to a default GPS, I still had the issue.
If I uninstall TDS GTN, the issue disappears and the plane can be used normally.

Now, when running my tests, I found something VERY strange. If I open ANY other window (be it task manager, notepad, literally anything) and keep this window focused, the issue disappears ! For example, in FS2020 I switch to external view and start panning around the plane. I see the stutters. Now I open any window and keep it focused in front of the sim. If I pan around the plane, it is butter smooth ! If I click on the FS2020 window, bam, the stutters come back.
I tried running FS in windowed or full screen and it did not make any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards.

Charles MOULIN

Messages In This Thread
Stutters with GTN in VC (Arrow III) - by tango4 - 03-07-2022, 03:20 PM