This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Screen
I also tried deleting the TDSGTNxiFlightSim.dat file from the ProgramData/TDS/Common Directory then reinstalled the software from the TDSGTN manager.

Still didnt work..

only when I disable the Antivirus...

Paul
Paul,

After analyzing your problem, we determined that it is not our security system, but something particular to the antivirus program that you are using. Since the problem is so deep in the antivirus code, there is not much that we can do on our end, except to hope that either an antivirus update will solve the problem or you will consider another antivirus software.

Sorry that we do not have a better response.
Is this problem consistent with the other users that have AVG virus protection? Or and I just the lucky one?
(07-14-2021, 12:27 AM)Ptyler687 Wrote: Is this problem  consistent with the  other users that have AVG virus  protection?  Or and I just the lucky one?

Hello,

This is a follow up to see if the problem has been solved with the latest released TDS GTNXi version 1.0.0.9?
(12-28-2021, 11:40 PM)admin Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 12:27 AM)Ptyler687 Wrote: Is this problem  consistent with the  other users that have AVG virus  protection?  Or and I just the lucky one?

Hello,

This is a follow up to see if the problem has been solved with the  latest released TDS GTNXi version 1.0.0.9?

I downloaded the new version and tried it.... Still has black screen. 
Only will run If i temporatly disable the virus program.  AVG and run the program.  Then reenable the Virus program...

Paul
(12-29-2021, 03:13 AM)Ptyler687 Wrote:

Hello,

This is a follow up to see if the problem has been solved with the  latest released TDS GTNXi version 1.0.0.9?

Only will run If i temporatly disable the virus program.  AVG and run the program.  Then reenable the Virus program...

Paul

Paul,

Did you add all exceptions to AVG antivirus? This may very well be an AVG only limitation, as we have not heard of this exact problem with all other antivirus software. Thank you.
(12-29-2021, 01:41 PM)admin Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 03:13 AM)Ptyler687 Wrote:

Hello,

Paul

Paul,

Did you add all exceptions to AVG antivirus? This may very well be an AVG only limitation, as we have not heard of this exact problem with all other antivirus software. Thank you.

I added TDSsim related to my AVG exceptions list.   If there are multiple things to add.   I might not of added them all.  see Attachments.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We think that the problem has to do with how the AVG antivirus is programmed to work, somehow it seems to inject its own code into all running applications, which interferes with our software. Before placing all blame on AVG, maybe whitelisting these two paths may help:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTI\Production\GTI__GTN_Xi__20_20\app-20.20.13\bin\

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Navigator_XI_1\winfs_mount\