This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
650 Disappears After Loading
I'm using the RealSimGear hardware, the 650 does load, I can use the touchscreen, and all seems normal until a second or so AFTER I hit "fly".  The software momentarily shows me at my selected airport, but then the display disappears. 

Back at the TDS Software it shows as in "Gauge Mode" and I can no longer edit any settings. My computer needs a restart before I can get the TDS Software running again.

Windows 11 Home
MSFS2020
JustFlight Piper Arrow III

EDIT:
Seems to work with the Cirrus, so maybe it's just a JustFlight Arrow III thing?

Thanks in advance-
Tango
Hello Tango,

Are you enabling Standalone mode, as explained in our Release notes, for version 1.0.2.5 (from this forum) WIP mode?
(09-23-2024, 04:55 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello Tango,

Are you enabling Standalone mode, as explained in our Release notes, for version 1.0.2.5 (from this forum) WIP mode?

I've not, but I've since researched that.  So I don't mess anything up, I should do two things:

1) Leave the install in the Community folder alone.
2) Put an empty text file called "Standalone.txt" in the installation path: "C:\ProgramData\TDS\GTNXi"

Thanks!
Yes, that is correct, please do not remove the tds-gtnxi-gauge from the MSFS Community folder, this is not needed anymore as the WIP feature ->Standalone.txt works internally.
(09-24-2024, 08:59 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Yes, that is correct, please do not remove the tds-gtnxi-gauge from the MSFS Community folder, this is not needed anymore as the WIP feature ->Standalone.txt works internally.

Thank you. I’m halfway there. I got the gauge to stay on the RealSimGear monitor, the touchscreen works, and the gauges in the VC are blacked out. However, the RSG hardware (physical buttons and knobs) won’t control the gauge, even though it shows up on their Device Manager and DOES indicate commands such as “small knob INC” and so on.

I’ve toggled their COM1 and COM2 fields in their Device manager, and it does indeed indicate the 650 is the one sending signals, but it isn’t controlling the instrument fields.

Is there a selection in the TDS Software I should make?  I pushed the invisible button as referenced on page 21 to no avail.

Tango
Hello,

No, the TDS is set up to automatically accept commands from external hardware. Most likely the RSG needs to be set up with a specific ini file for TDS.
Please ask this at RSG support.
Sounds like a similar issue I had recently. I have both RSG GTN 750 & 650 operating TDS GTNXi. While flying in Black Square's Piston Duke a month or so ago, the RSG GTN650 screen all of a sudden went dark. The physical buttons/knobs still interacted with the in-sim TDS 650 screen. And, even though I could not see anything on RSG GTN650 screen, yet its touch screen still interacted with the in-sim TDS screen. I presumed it was a hardware issue and tried changing cables and switching ports to no avail. I finally sent the RSG GTN650 in to RealSimGear for repair. Their testing showed that there was nothing wrong with the unit. When I got the RSG GTN650 back and reconnected everything, the screen was back and has been working ever since. I have no idea what caused the issue, nor how the issue got resolved. I just thought I would share my experience in the event there may be something else going on.
Thank you for sharing your experience, Delta14Sierra.