This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frame dropping after new MSFS and 1.1.0.2 updates
Hi,
 I'm experiencing excessive frame dropping and stuttering after the latest MSFS and 1.1.0.2 updates (mostly every 3-4 secs).
 I removed all the Community contents and when I'm only reinstalling TDS GTNXi and enabling it (in a Piper PA=24=250 Comanche) I see this happening.
 With the Garmin GPS I see no issues.
 Where can I install the previous TDS GTNXi version?
Hello,

Unfortunately we do not offer previous versions. We think that in this case there may be a coincidence as the TDS GTNXi V1.1.0.2 update did not have any changes to the graphics/drawing side.

Which antivirus are you using and what are your exclusions?
(05-27-2024, 07:24 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Unfortunately we do not offer previous versions. We think that in this case there may be a coincidence as the TDS GTNXi V1.1.0.2 update did not have any changes to the graphics/drawing side.

I am using AVAST. Is there a specific exclusion I need to set?

(05-27-2024, 07:56 PM)consingr Wrote:
(05-27-2024, 07:24 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

I am using AVAST. Is there a specific exclusion I need to set?

It is disabled though.
For AVG you need an explicit exclusion:

You must set an exception inside AVG:
https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleVi...tType=home

This is the exact path to exclude.

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTI\Production\GTI__GTN_Xi__20_30\app-20.30.8\bin\GTN_Simulator.exe

Please let us know how it goes.

As well as two processes: FlightSimulator.exe and gtn_simulator.exe
(05-27-2024, 08:37 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: For AVG you need an explicit exclusion:

You must set an exception inside AVG:
https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleVi...tType=home

This is the exact path to exclude.

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTI\Production\GTI__GTN_Xi__20_30\app-20.30.8\bin\GTN_Simulator.exe

Please let us know how it goes.

As well as two processes: FlightSimulator.exe and gtn_simulator.exe

Avast doesn't seem to do any process exclusions (https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=20255.0)

I tried excluding the folders but still didn't work. Do I have to do any exclusions to websites as well? (e.g. navigraph)
No, we do not require website whitelisting.

You need to exclude that exact process from AVAST as shown below:

https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/...usions/#pc

Which version of the GTNXi PC Trainer component are you running?

As the TDS GTNXi has worked well in the past, we think that a recent computer change, software or hardware to be the cause of the issue. Please think of what has changed and try reverting the change.

From our point of view, version 1.1.0.2 of the TDS GTNXi did not bring any changes to our drawing routines/performance.
(05-27-2024, 09:57 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: No, we do not require website whitelisting.

You need to exclude that exact process from AVAST as shown below:

https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/...usions/#pc

Which version of the GTNXi PC Trainer component are you running?

As the TDS GTNXi has worked well in the past, we think that a recent computer change, software or hardware to be the cause of the issue. Please think of what has changed and try reverting the change.

From our point of view, version 1.1.0.2 of the TDS GTNXi did not bring any changes to our drawing routines/performance.

No change besides the Windows, MSFS and TDS updates since this pc is only for MSFS.
I tried what you suggested but didn't have any luck.
Unfortunately as it looks like I won't be able to use this gps until an other update may fix it.
Hello,

Unfortunately we highly doubt that this is a TDS issue, as explained earlier, no code changes have been performed on the performance side.

Unfortunately you have not answered our question on the GTNXi PC Trainer component version.

What is the exact disk drive of the MSFS LocalState folder (note, LocalState and not LocalCache)?

After answering these questions, please send us an email at: support@tdssim.com for a possible test version.
(05-28-2024, 07:51 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Unfortunately we highly doubt that this is a TDS issue, as explained earlier, no code changes have been performed on the performance side.

Unfortunately you have not answered our question on the GTNXi PC Trainer component version.

What is the exact disk drive of the MSFS LocalState folder (note, LocalState and not LocalCache)?

After answering these questions, please send us an email at: support@tdssim.com for a possible test version.

Hi,
 Do you mean these?
C:\Users\(myusername)\AppData\Local\FlightSimulator
or this
C:\Users\(myusername)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Trainer version is 3.6.4.0
Hello,

Thank you for the information, for the GTNXi PC Trainer component, the version is not the one that we need, you have provided us with the base Aviation Trainer Launcher. The GTNXi PC Trainer component appears on start of the TDS GTNXi, on the database info page and starts with V20.x

As far as the LocalState folder, for a MSFS installation, the location is usually here:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
Where %username% is your username

We are interested in the exact disk drive of C:\